Over the coming months, we may modify the plan, but here is the process with which we will begin.
- There will be a posting of some general ideas on a subject. This may include goals and concepts for proposed legislation. A few days will be allowed for discussion and input.
- We will present a draft of legislation for review and discussion. Larger documents will be available by links. We will make an effort to keep the site tidy. We do not want to be distracted from the important task of thinking things through.
- Once the discussion has slowed on one topic, we will move to a new area for consideration. (We can always go back, if necessary.) Depending on the number of responses and proposed revisions, it should take 2-4 weeks to work through a primary issue.
- The point of this blog is to get rational feedback on possible legislation. Please be brief with responses. Although we have no intent to censor legitimate ideas, we are monitoring posts to minimize abuse.
- When we get to a final draft, the text will be forwarded to leadership and submitted for official consideration.
Thanks for visiting. If you have an interest in AME Church structure and legislation, prayerfully join the journey. The first area of consideration will be The General Board.